Friday, March 9, 2007

This is amazing.

I love this band Menomena (great name...) and you will too, especially if you are of the Broken Social Scene persuasion: lots of atmospheric sounds, originality, diversity....Their new video is so freaking funny. In it, the Grim Reaper visits the band at practice and they proceed to reveal their dying wishes(Kanye will produce their final album, farewell tour on zepplin, etc), and do everything they've ever wanted to: what life would be complete without skateboarding on trampolines? Check it out here.

If you like it, you can also stream all of Friend and Foe, their new album at Barsuk.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Man! Kate you found my long lost brothers! It is so fitting that I see this video today (thanks to you) because my electric scooter just came. It will most definitely play a major role in my first flying squirrel video. But how bout Menomena. They are so sick and when you played me the new album, I was just as excited as when I heard their debut. It is clear that these guys know the secrets of the universe just like me. We have got to see them live! Boy is Lance Bangs cool too! They were having fun in a smart and clever ass way. There is Hope!

Phil